Inspiration – Meaning of Dragonfly
Dragonfly spirit guides can show up unexpectedly in our lives in very subtle or blatant ways. They may be coming to you to teach you something during a particular point in your life. Should this happen, the dragonfly spirit is one to be honored and listened to openly since dragonflies carry messages that deal with deeper thought. They ask that we pay attention to our deeper thoughts and desires. This is the meaning of dragonfly.
To honor and embrace the unique characteristics and magical spirit of dragonflies, 5 Element Studios presents Dianna Poindexter’s collection, Winds of Change – Images of Dragonflies. We invite you to revere the meaning of dragonfly spirit as you browse this distinctive fine art collection.
What does it mean if a dragonfly spirit shows up in your life?
The meaning of dragonfly signifies happiness, speed and purity. Purity because the dragonfly eats from the wind itself. The dragonfly also represents transformation and life’s ongoing process of change.
The dragonfly is able to show itself in different colors depending on the angle and polarization of light falling on it. This magical ability is associated with the discovery of one’s own abilities by unmasking the real self and removing the doubts one casts on his/her own sense of identity.
In Japanese culture dragonflies represent joy and new light. When you see a dragonfly, enjoy its presence and be content knowing it represents good things.
In China, people associate the dragonfly with prosperity, harmony and as a good luck charm.
Dragonflies come in varied colors; their bodies often blue, orange, green, and purple. Their wings seem to shimmer as if made of silver. These bright colors take time to develop, expressing the idea that with maturity our own true colors come forth. They represent moving past self-created illusions that limit growth and change in the perspective of self-realization with an understanding of the deeper meaning of life.
Dragonflies live only for a few months. The short life span symbolizes the virtue of living in the moment and living life to the fullest. This ability lets you live your life without regrets like the great dragonfly.
Unique characteristics of this spiritual and magical creature:
- Dragonflies have inhabited the earth almost 300 million years.
- They spend only part of their life span as adult dragonflies and only live for a few weeks or months as mature dragonflies.
- A dragonfly is a very strong and good flyer, and can fly at speeds of up to 36 miles per hour.
- A dragonfly’s eyes have about 30,000 lenses enabling a dragonfly can see in 360 degrees around it.
- A dragonfly can show itself in different and reflective colors depending on the angle and polarization of light falling on it.
- The dragonfly can move in six different directions with ease and efficiency. Because their four wings operate independently, dragonflies can hover in one place for up to a minute. Dragonflies can also fly backward and sideways and change directions.